Make the right choice – The Hindu

Not sure about your career options? Lack of self-confidence ? This question and answer column can help you

Not sure about your career options? Lack of self-confidence ? This question and answer column can help you

I am studying a BA with economics as a major and I want to become an economic advisor and budget analyst for government agencies, industries and organizations. Which institutions should be consulted? What are my other job opportunities? – Nogen

Dear Nogen,

To become an economic advisor, a doctorate in finance or economics is desirable. Extensive experience in economic research, provision of economic advice and evaluation of economic reforms with some administrative experience in NGOs, small-scale government agencies and certain industries and corporations is beneficial. Being a budget analyst, a master’s degree in accounting, finance, an MBA, or a related field will help. The Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is also highly coveted and a definite advantage.

I’m 23 years old and graduated in electronics and instrumentation engineering. I am preparing for Tamilnadu public service exam. I face enormous social pressure because I am unemployed at 23 years old. How can I handle this? –Guhan

Dear Guhan,

TNPSE exams can be taken between the ages of 21 and 30. How many years did you decide to take to crack this? Calculate the time investment you want to make to achieve this dream. Also work on your plan B and make it work as well. Social pressure will not make your exam easier or harder, nor will it provide you with a lucrative job. It will only demotivate and discourage you. Stop the noise and focus on your immediate target: what you want to accomplish.

I’m currently pursuing an intermediate BiPC, but I don’t trust NEET. What other options are available? I want to study abroad. – Heeba

Dear Heeba, There are so many choices for you outside of medicine. You can take courses in Dental Science (BDS), Ayush Courses – Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Bachelor of Science in Naturopathy and Yoga (BNYS), Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS), Courses Veterinary (BVSc.), Nursing Courses, B.Sc Courses – Anatomy, Physiology, Botany, Zoology, Forestry, Agriculture Courses, Medical Engineering Courses – B.Tech Food Technology, Biotechnology, Physiotherapy, Related Courses in audiology, radiology, psychology, occupational therapy, etc. You can search for colleges abroad based on your interest and aptitude for whatever you may have selected.

I completed an integrated master’s degree in English studies last year and would like to pursue a career as an interpreter/translator. I have already taken basic/intermediate certificate courses in Korean and Chinese, but I have not yet participated in proficiency tests like TOPIK and TOCFL. Please guide me on what to do next. Also what are the possible fields/sectors in which I can apply? -Aswathy V

Dear Aswathy,

The basic qualifications to become an interpreter include the ability to read, write and speak Korean/Chinese fluently at a near native level. TOPIK and TOCFL are standardized language proficiency tests and certification is required to qualify to become an interpreter. what do you want to do next? What will bring you happiness and joy? Get the specialized training you need and then you can teach in schools, colleges and private institutions or even become an online tutor, search for jobs at the embassy/consulate, multinationals or specific cohorts of groups and people where this language is essential. , Tourism and hospitality industry, aviation industry, become a content writer and/or editor, blogger or even move to Korea or China based on lucrative job offers.

Disclaimer: This column is merely a guiding voice and provides advice and suggestions on education and careers.

The writer is an exercise counselor and trainer. Send your questions to [email protected] with the subject ‘Off the edge’

Our Code of Editorial Values

Comments are closed.