Thomas Rhett posts health update after recent doctor visit: ‘My cords were pretty swollen at daddy’s gumline’
Thomas Rhet returned to social media on Tuesday afternoon (September 6) with an update on his vocal issues after being forced to abruptly cancel a recent concert.
The superstar shared a heartfelt video message with fans, breaking the good news that his doctors have cleared him back on stage.
“Hey what’s up everyone, Thomas Rhett here. Just wanted to say thank you so much for all the good wishes over the past 10 days,” Rhett says in the clip. “Vanderbilt doctors put me on vocal rest . My cords were quite swollen and inflamed and it’s been a week for sure.
He then jokes, “I think it’s the quietest I’ve been in for about a decade.”
As the video continues, Rhett gives fans an update on the state of his voice after the recent doctor visit.
“I came back this morning and they checked my cords again and all the inflammation went down,” Rhett continues. “So I was cleared to go, cleared to sing and so I’ll see you all in Tuscaloosa next Thursday. I’m really looking forward to this show but again I just wanted to jump in here and say thank you so much for love and just for the good wishes. Glad to be back, happy to sing again. Hope you all had a great week and see you soon. Take care.”
Rhett’s update comes after he was forced to postpone his Bring The Bar To You tour date in Chula Vista, Calif. at the North Island Credit Union Amphitheater due to “irritation and vocal swelling”.
The “Half Of Me” singer made the difficult decision to cancel the concert after consulting with doctors.
“Hey San Diego it breaks my heart to say this but unfortunately I can’t sing tonight due to vocal irritation and swelling and we have to cancel the show at the North Island Credit Union Amphitheater,” wrote Rhett at the time.
He then apologized to the audience for the last-minute cancellation and expressed his sadness for those who traveled a long distance to get to the show.
“I’m so sorry that this announcement is so close to show time. For those of you who have already traveled to the show, I sincerely apologize,” Rhett continued. trying to make the show happen, but it just won’t be possible and we’ve been advised not to play tonight.”
He concluded his statement by letting fans know that “everyone will be offered a point-of-purchase refund. I love you, the home team and I hate that we are not able to play for you tonight. .
The Bring The Bar To You tour, which runs through mid-October, also includes special guests Parker McCollum and Conner Smith.
The superstar recently announced plans to extend his tour through 2023 with the addition of his just-announced Canadian dates which will feature Jordan Davis and Kameron Marlowe.
“It’s been an absolute pleasure to be back on the road this summer and we’re so excited to be touring Canada next year,” said Rhett. “It’s been ages since we got to play for these fans. They always bring crazy energy and we can’t wait to get up there and see them again.
Earlier this year, the country hitmaker released his sixth studio album, where we startedwhich features Rhett’s latest single “Half Of Me” featuring Riley Green.
Rhett’s duet with Green isn’t the only collaboration on his new album. Rhett also teamed up with fellow country artists Tyler Hubbard (of Florida Georgia Line) and Russell Dickerson on “Death Row,” a redemptive track inspired by a visit the trio made to a Tennessee prison and with pop. star Katy Perry on the emotional title track, “Where We Began.”
The project also includes the hit “Slow Down Summer,” which marked Rhett’s 19th career No. 1.
Rhett’s next scheduled tour date is September 8 at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Sharing is caring!